iHub participated in the inaugural ICT Indaba conference held last week at the Cape Town International Convention Centre. The objectives of this meeting were:
- To bring together key stakeholders to formulate an African agenda and take advantage of expanding opportunities in the ICT sector;
- To introduce new technologies to enable Africa’s corporations and institutions to sharpen their competitive edge in the international arena;
- To promote the development of a knowledge-based economy with a strong focus on job creation and skills transference in Africa;
- To leverage on South Africa’s strong ICT infrastructure to benefit the continent and showcase innovative technologies to boost strategic economy sectors in Africa; and
- To formulate strategies of making ICT accessible and affordable to urban and rural populations in Africa.
The 4-day conference was heavily attended by South African government stakeholders, as well as other stakeholders around the continent. iHub spoke during a panel session about “Africans Learning from Africans” together with other African innovators. To find out more about the conference and to download the presentations, go to: http://www.ictindaba.com/2012/presentations.html.