Information graphics, visual representations of data known as infographics. Over the past few months, iHub Research has being creating infographics to represent data. Well here are some of the lessons we have learnt in the design process:
- Keep it simple and try not do too much in one picture.
- Decide on a colour scheme and template
- Think of it as a visual essay: ensure your arguments hold and are relevant.
- Draw conclusions.
- Reference your facts in the infographic.
- Flow charts;
- Annotated maps;
- Venn diagrams;
- Size comparisons;
- Showing familiar objects or similar size or value.
- Plan and research.
- Use free software to create simple graphs and visualisations of data.
- Use vector graphic software to bring these visualisations into the one graphic.
Need an infographic done by iHub Research, well email us at: email@example.com with the subject INFOGRAPHIC CREATION