ForgetMeNot Africa's First Apps Challenge is aiming to create sustainable employmentthrough technology in Kenya.
The winning developers will receive seed capital to develop their ideas and if successful, your applications will be launched in Kenya on Safaricom earning you an on-goingrevenue share, hence creating sustainable employment.
Why You Should Enter.
- An amazing opportunity to create your own apps business in Kenya
- Successful developers will earn revenue for apps successfully launched in Kenya on theSafaricom Kipokezi platform
- $2000 prize and up to 3 iPads for winning team or individual
- Apps may also be launched in other African countries earning you revenue
- Your apps will also hopefully make a difference for others....good in itself
- Runners up prizes and cool stuff for finalists
- Mentoring from iHUB, ForgetMeNot Africa and Safaricom experts
- Even if you don't win this Apps Challenge, apps can still be submitted for approval on an on-going basis
If you are in Nairobi why not attend the Apps Challenge launch event which will be held iniHUB Nairobion Friday the 24th of February where you can hear more about it and meet everyone involved.
API Talk: Monday 27th of February 2012, 6 pm at the iHub
There will also be a dedicated ForgetMeNot Africa Optimiser API talk on Monday the 27th of February at 6pm also atiHUB Kenyawhere you can meet our team and work on ideas.
Ideas Deadline: 23rd March 2012
The deadline to submit your ideas and code online to be considered for the Hackathon Final is Friday the 23rd of April. After this date ideas can still be submitted but you will not be eligible for the prizes.
However any apps submitted after the deadline may still be launched earning revenue for developers on an on-going basis.
For more information