This is a great opportunity for all local content developers out there.
The Kenya ICT board recently announced its intent to apply US$4 Million(about Kshs 300 million) of a grant received from the International Development Association, for development of digital content and software application.
The grant opportunities are in two categories:-
- Development of web and mobile based information services for the government information portal.
- Development of innovative communications and information applications that utilize web and mobile technologies.
The Kenya ICT board will be taking written questions as of June 3, 2010 to June 24, 2010 via firstname.lastname@example.org.
There shall be 4 Pre-Application workshops held at the following venues:-
- Mombasa Polytechnic: Mombasa on June 18th, 2010
- Maseno University: Kisumu on June 22nd, 2010
- Moi University: Eldoret on June 25th, 2010
- Kenyatta International Conference Center(KICC) on June 29th, 2010
For full details and instructions, visit the Kenya ICT Board website.
In the meantime, start racking your brains for ideas and WRITE YOUR PROPOSALS :).