A forum for Poets & Writers Online
Target group: Poets, writers with blogs and those with an interest in writing and using the internet in theirwriting.
Type of Forum: A once in a month meet-up that will incorporate performances, guestspeakers and some hands on training. Forum objectives
- Provide a space for interaction between different poets, writers
- Sharing ideas and experiences
- Gain useful tips in using different tech tools in the writing quest
- Get expert advice on legal, writing matters
- Make a cultural and social contribution to generation of local content Forum Agenda
a. Guest Speakers -Experts on various fields to offer advice on :- Blogging, legal issues(copyrights,Intellectual Property, Creative Commons), SEO, use of Social media to promoteonewriting, online opportunities, useful resources on the net (online literary mags)Seasoned blogger writers/poets sharing their experiences, challenges,opportunitiesetc.
Publishers - what they look for in a good story orpoem. Sites that publish poems & stories -Making money through writing both online &offline Growing from a blog to a website
b. Hands on skills -Creating ablogSEOIdentifying, Joining & utilizing various social media
c. Poetry performances in between sessions
d. Q&A session
The ground-breaking forum, POWO Meeting will be on 23rd April, 2011 from 11.30am – 2pm. This forum is geared to bridge the gap between aspiring poets and writers in the use of Internet and The Guest Speakers will be:
1. Joseph Mucheru – Google East & Central Africa Lead
2. Njoroge Matathia ( Potash) – Kenya Urban Narrative - http://bongakimya.theblackcampaign.org/?p=35
3. Wamathai – Blogger & Organiser of …….Monthly Event.
4. Muki Garang – Poet, activist, Hip Hop Artist, Techie