On Friday the 11th of March 2011 at 6pm, the iHub community celebrated iHub's one year anniversary. We had 250 people in the space to grace this special and awesome occasion. According to Erik Hersman - the iHub founder we have accomplished the following:
- At least 12 companies formed off of relationships made in the space.
- We have 4 outstanding corporate partners (Wananchi, Google, Nokia, Microsoft)
- 3 companies found funding through investors that came through the iHub.
- 2 funding partners who took a gamble (Omidyar Network and Hivos).
- 1 iHub Foosball championship team. :)
We have transformed from a bare open space:
To a technology community of 3,087 members and growing...:
Here are a few photos (special thanks to Jonathan Kalan) of that evening: