On the 26th of February 2011 the third NairobiGTUG event was held at the iHub. The turnout included mostly techies and developers. During these meetups, the techies share resources, skills & knowledge about Google technology & services. They spread little tricks about Google's technologies, or simply chat with each other talking about:
- Google Data APIs
- Google AJAX APIs
- Google Code
- Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs
- Google Apps
- Google App Engine
- Google Open Source projects
- To register for the mailing list:http://groups.google.com/group/nairobigtug/
- Twitter: #nairobigtug
- Ahmed Maawy, the NairobiGTUG lead started off by introducing the team and the day's presenters, as well as explaining the concept behind GTUG.
- The first presenter (Andrew Kamau) then did a presentation on the foundations of the Android OS. It was mostly the basics of Android from the user and developer perspective.
- The second presenter (Job Maina) then went on to present GWT, and explained the concept behind GWT and how it integrates with Eclipse and did a small demo on an already developed application.
- We then had a presentation from Paa Kwesi, a Googler who talked mostly about how chrome is developer friendly, covering the various development tools available inside Chrome, how plugins are developed, and how to develop apps for Chrome's marketplace.
Post by Ahmed Maawy