Guest Post By:Angela Oduor
Join us for a few hours of hacking and brainstorming on what we're building/should be building into the newest version of Ushahidi, v3. The event will be onTuesday, May 20th 2014 from 5:30PM to 8:00PM at iHub-4th Floor in the Bishop Magua Centre.
Ushahidi is built on the Kohana Framework. Those unfamiliar with MVC frameworks should have a look at the following documentation prior to the meet up:
Kohana 2 documentationandKohana 101 doc
We'll take up a chunk of time walking through setting up Ushahidi v3 and explaining its architecture, but it would be great if you could take a stab at trying to install it before the meetup ;)
Incase of any queries/ if you have trouble installing, feel free reach out on IRCirc://irc.freenode.net#ushahidi
More documentation on v3 can be found on ourwiki.
Here are a couple of features we'd like to work on with you:
• Migrations: How do we migrate data from ushahidi v2.x into v3?
• Custom forms: We have this built into the API but need to make these a lot more flexible
Two important features we want to build into v3 areworkflowsandbettervisualizations. Help us frame out:
• What an ideal workflow for en election monitoring use case would look like
• What kind of visualisations we should add into the platform
• What analytics we should add into the platform
Refreshments will be provided.
NB: This is a physical event in Nairobi. We will do our best to make it available for people to join via a Google Hangout, but this is pending. We promise to try record it/have our virtual friends join in ;)
Hope you can join us! Bring a friend too! ;)