Of late funding challenges have been buzzing in the tech scene. This is good news to the tech community which means finally we're being noticed and our work is being appreciated.On Monday,18th,October,2010 from 2:00-6.00 pm at iHub, Tandaa has set up a panel of venture capitalists that will listen to pitches from six selected companies. They will do it in front of a live audience made up of founders of tech start-ups, aspiring IT entrepreneurs, students and people interested in IT and new media who will take home valuable lessons as they watch VCs negotiate for a stake in some of Kenya's hottest tech start-ups.
Listed below are the venture capitalist portfolio:
1. Fanisi Venture Capital Fund Fanisi Venture Capital Fund is a venture capital fund established in Luxembourg to work with competitive and sustainable East African businesses, whose ambitions are to grow and run their operations to global best practice standards. They invest in high growth businesses, including start ups and early stage companies, and are committed to working with East African entrepreneurs to build world class businesses with significant development impact on the economies in the region.
Investment range: USD 0.5 million - USD 3 million Investor stake : equity Fee : n/a Web : www.fanisi.com
2. Africa Media Venture Fund Africa Media Ventures Fund mobilizes capital and experience in the Netherlands to invest in entrepreneurs in the media sector and small and medium sized African media companies. They offer a combination of venture capital and business development support, involving knowledge, experience, access to proven business concepts/applications and network.
Investment range: EUR 15,000 - EUR 100,000 Investor stake: minor equity, seat on board
Fee: n/a Web : www.amvf.nl
3. eVA Fund eVA Fund is dedicated to mobilize capital and experience in the Netherlands/Europe to invest in small and medium sized African internet related companies. eVA Fund focuses on development in terms of capital and business development support, i.e. knowledge, experience, access to proven business concepts/applications, and network.
Investment range: EUR 25,000 - EUR 250,000 Investor stake : Fee : n/a Web : www.eva-fund.com
4. Open Capital Fund Open Capital Advisors is a financial intermediary focused on increasing investment in small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in East Africa. They provide advisory and brokerage services required by SMEs and investors, thereby enabling SMEs to access capital and achieve growth, innovation and social impact
Investment range: USD 200,000 - USD 2,000,000 Investor stake : equity, quasi-equity (i.e. straight debt with revenue participation), or debt financing from a non-bank investor(s) Fee : generally based on success and charged as a percentage of capital raised and only payable when clients receive financing Web : www.opencapitaladvisors.com
5. Aureos Capital Aureos is a specialist emerging market private equity firm, providing growth capital and expertise to help build the next generation of sustainable businesses. Returns are maximized and risk mitigated by focusing on earnings growth and operational efficiency..
Investor stake: equity
Fee: n/a Web :www.aureos.com
GroFin is a multi-national specialist SME finance and development company offering an innovative combination of risk capital and business development assistance to viable enterprises. GroFin is committed to assisting small and medium enterprises (SMEs) achieve sustainable profitability, believing that growth in this sector is vital for socio-economic development in emerging markets. They invest in viable businesses across Africa with a unique combination of money and mentoring assisting entrepreneurs maximise profitability and encourages sustainability and success.
Investment range:USD 50,000 - USD 1,000,000 Investor stake:equity Fee: Web:www.grofin.com
To register for this event visit http://tandaatechideas.eventbrite.com/. See you all at the iHub.